Volunteer with the New Castle Historical Society to help the
Society while expanding your skills and knowledge. Work with
your neighbors and bring the history of New Castle to life.
It's a win-win!
- Assist in cataloging and preserving the collections by
working with the curatorial staff. Collections include textiles,
photographs, works on paper, ceramics, furniture and much
- Serve on program committees to plan events or tours for
members and the public
- Help with office tasks, such as mailings and special projects
- Write news releases and publicity pieces for Society events
- Greet guests and members as hospitality volunteers at
- Join Society members in "dressing" the houses
for special events, including Christmas
- Serve as a tour host during open houses for A Day in
Old New Castle and other events
- Research the history of items and events connected with
the Society's holdings
- Work to expand membership as part of the Membership Committee
- Develop proposals and grant applications for Corporate
and Foundation funding
- Work on the 1930s Colonial Revival Garden and on and
on...fresh ideas and new faces are always welcome!
Have a special interest or skill that does not fall into
one of the above categories? Just email our executive director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will do our best to find you a match with the Society's