Experience the pace of life from another era and make your
own memories in a town which remembers the past. .
- On the town green, laid out by the Dutch in 1651, enjoy beautiful
days of tranquility on the lawn. Stretch out in the shade and
enjoy the views of a town four centuries in the making.
- Enjoy a delicious meal in one of New Castle's excellent historic
restaurants or taverns.
- Visit the magnificent New Castle Court House, the first capitol
building of Delaware. In the building's storied past, it has been
an official meeting place, house of justice, and tea house.
- Stroll down the same herringbone-patterned sidewalks that have
carried centuries of residents and visitors.
- Bow in the naves of historic churches, beside ancient graveyards
of fallen heroes of the early republic.
- Enjoy Battery Park with your family, where you can stretch your
legs for a jog on the waterfront path or sit back and watch ships
go by on the Delaware River.
- Duck into some of New Castle's picturesque alleyways, and listen
for echoes from the footsteps of some of New Castle's illustrious
visitors, including William Penn, Sam Houston and Osceola.
New Castle AudioWalk!
Want a great way to experience the Historic New Castle at your
own pace? Rent one of our audio tours of the historic district, and
take a leisurely self-guided tour to learn about more than 360 years
of history in Delaware's first capital - New Castle!
For more information about the New Castle AudioWalk tour,
please visit our Educational
Programs & Tours page.